Welcome to the AKA Kite Talk Forum!

Sign In, Register for a Free Account, or Become a Member to gain access to our forums and downloads.

Photo
- - - - -

Post under the general forum

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jimmartinjr

jimmartinjr

Advanced Member

• AKA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:13 AM

Oops, didn't see this forum specifically for night flying

Just posted something relevant in the general forum. If mods want to move it here, and delete this one, that would be fine.

http://public.fotki....ssively-big-li/

Info on an easy DIY nigth light that puts on a good show.

#2 Captain Aether

Captain Aether

Advanced Member

• Forum Users
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

I am going to RiteAid and stocking up ASAP
(30 minutes later) Got them! Bright, lightweight and batteries included!
Cpt.A.

#3 jimmartinjr

jimmartinjr

Advanced Member

• AKA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

They're pretty cool, eh?

#4 Captain Aether

Captain Aether

Advanced Member

• Forum Users
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:16 AM

They are the bomb! (as the kids would say) ... and get this! I went to Walgreens and they have a 15 inch version of the same lights for the same price! Word to the wise. Check the bottom of the device where the on/off button is located. A fresh stick should have a paper insert showing that separates the batteries. This may insure that the batteries are fresh. You will chuckle when you realize that the whole contraption costs three bucks, and a set of replacement batteries costs three times that much! Stock up!!!
Cpt. A.

#5 Captain Aether

Captain Aether

Advanced Member

• Forum Users
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:34 AM

I also came across a site where some fellow was taking LED's and sleeving them into soda straw tubes in order to achieve a glowing EL wire effect for much less money. His project was framing a bicycle, but a sparred kite would also be a natural, I think.
Cpt. A.

#6 Captain Aether

Captain Aether

Advanced Member

• Forum Users
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

Tis the season...to buy battery operated light strings for night flying. I came upon a Martha Stewart battery operated 8 foot string of programmable lights for 7 bucks. I intend to pull the circuit board and shrink wrap it. I intend to use a more compact battery to power it...perhaps aaa batteries vs aa batteries.

#7 Captain Aether

Captain Aether

Advanced Member

• Forum Users
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:46 AM

Rick Agar, if you ever pay attention to this forum, I want you to know that I appreciate your night kite article very much. I think that Americans kite flyers are so far behind tha Asians and Europeans when it comes to this kind of kiting. You did your research and highlighted Nocturnal Sports. I anticipate being able to get in a night fly at WSIKF'14 ( an unofficial event grrr.) Again, thank you Rick.

#8 aboutkites

aboutkites

Advanced Member

• AKA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:48 PM

I just received a new tail light for my bike. It looks pretty normal with a row of five led's in red on a box that clamps to the seat post. The second switch is the surprise. It controls the laser that has a custom lens with a bicycle and two other lasers that show lines. On the ground behind the bike it paints a red line on either side of the bike with a bike logo between them to tell the traffic to give you room. I may borrow it one night to light up my ghost if I can figure out another bracket to ride the bridle at the right distance for focus the design.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users