Welcome to the AKA Kite Talk Forum!

Sign In, Register for a Free Account, or Become a Member to gain access to our forums and downloads.

- - - - -

Help out a friend

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_richardhawkins_*

Guest_richardhawkins_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:54 AM

One

#2 Captain Aether

Captain Aether

Advanced Member

• Forum Users
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

Huh?

#3 aboutkites

aboutkites

Advanced Member

• AKA Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

The original post was about supporting your local kite shop. If you tend to save a few dollars and order things over the internet you should not be surprised when the local shop closes. We have lost a lot of shops over the past few years and most that are still around are not getting rich dealing in kites. When you need a part its easy to run in a show them whats broken and they pull it out of their parts bin and your kite is back in flying shape for a few dollars. I found out the hard way that filling the parts box is expensive. I spent over $600 at wholesale just on fitting and I don't even want to think about how much the fiberglass and graphite rods cost. Every chance you get tell them how much you appreciate them and send them a customer referral from the field next time your flying.

Have fun..

#4 KiteLife

KiteLife

Advanced Member

• AKA Member
  • 499 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

Indeed, I too am a firm believer in supporting within your community (geographical or by extension).

AKA Merchant Members - http://kite.org/comm...rchant-members/

Here in my hometown, I also try to buy local or at least from privately owned businesses.

Users Awards

#5 Roger Kenkel

Roger Kenkel

• AKA Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:35 AM

As a kite store owner I can gaurantee most store owners are not getting rich running a kite shop. Without local or regional support of fliers we'd go under. On behalf of all store owners thank you for buying local whenever possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users