1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. I’m Alexa King and I live in Mount Vernon, WA. I’m a better kite maker than I am a kite flyer, but I love to do both. My son Sam took me to WSIKF in about 2000, and we were hooked. We learned about the Oregon Kitemakers Retreat and went. We haven’t looked back.
2. Why did you join the AKA? I wanted to compete in the handmade competition when the AKA convention was in Ocean Shores. I was impressed with how dedicated and involved everyone was, and I found I wanted to contribute to the kiting community. As a result, I served on the board as secretary for several years.
3. What is your favorite kite to fly? One of my own Rokkakus. Not only do I love their stable flight, but they are easy for me to assemble. One stick and I’m done!
4. Where is your favorite place to fly? Any of the west coast beaches, especially when you can park right where you’re flying.
6. Where is the next place someone can find you flying a kite? The Victoria, BC International Kite Festival.