1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Mark Ledvina, New Berlin, Wisconsin. I went to a kite festival many years ago just out of curiosity. Needless to say, I was hooked! I really like traditional kites from all over the world. They are unique and beautiful and I plan to visit as many countries as I can to see them.
2. Why did you join the AKA? I joined the AKA as a way to show my support for kiting. I love seeing what is happening at festivals all over the world.
3. What is your favorite kite to fly? That’s a difficult question to answer. I guess it depends on the day. Sometimes it’s a sport kite, but my go to kite usually a single line delta because I can hand the line to anybody and let then get a chance to fly. The smile on a child’s face says it all!
4. Where is your favorite place to fly? I have several open areas near me, but I would say a beach along with other kiters is my favorite place!
5. If you could fly with anyone dead or alive, who would it be, and what would you fly? I would like to fly with Ray Bethell. The way he flies multiple kites is something I am fascinated by and would like to learn how to do.
6. Where is the next place someone can find you flying a kite? Anywhere there is an open field and decent wind, or the nearest Kite Festival! I’ll be in Shipshewana, Indiana the end of April.