1. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I am Al Councilman and live in Tacoma, Washington with my wife Joan. We have been involved with kite flying since 1990, after we experienced a kite festival in Seaside, Oregon. For the fist few years we flew mostly in Ocean Shores, Washington, then migrated a few miles south to Westport, Washington. While flying in Ocean Shores, we formed a new club, The North Coast Sky Painters, and I was the president. After moving south in 1994, we got involved with the Westport Windriders and I have been the treasurer for the last 10 years.
2. Why did you join the AKA?
I joined the AKA, because I got involved with Sport kite competition and served as a field director for many years.
3. What is your favorite kite to fly?
A rok that I built honoring the Seattle Seahawks fans #12.
4. Where is your favorite place to fly?
Grayland beach, Washington
5. If you could fly with anyone dead or alive, who would it be, and what would you fly?
Ron Gibbian and would fly one of his Owl kites!
6. Where is the next place someone can find you flying a kite?
Long Beach, Washington