1. Tell us about yourself : I am Chuck Holmes and I live in Spartanburg, SC. I have been an AKA member for over 30 years. I compete primarily at the Cherry Blossom Kite Festival. I like Della Portas because they are shaped like a portrait and lend themselves to the theme of flying “art in the sky”.
2. Why did you join the AKA? My father-in law Charlie Henderson made me do it. It was one of the best things he talked me into.
3. What is your favorite kite to fly? Della Porta
5. If you could fly with anyone, who would it be? Pablo Diablo. I could beat him!
6. What is your favorite event or kite festival? Spartanburg Soaring Kite Festival
8. What is the best color combination for a kite? Anything bordered by black.
9. You are the ruler of the kite field for the day, what is your first decree? Get those kites up and hand the line to someone. Dilly Dilly
10. What is one funny trait about you that most people do not know? I like to get a kite up and hand it to a spectator.
11. Who would you say is your greatest influence in the kite world and why? Charlie Henderson. He got me involved with other kite fliers.
To learn more about the Spartanburg Soaring Kite Club visit their Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/spartanburgsoaringkiteclub/