Follow along as we feature members of the American Kitefliers Association during National Kite Month. Today we have Deke Haid.
1. Tell us about yourself : My name is Sean Thoma aka Deke Haid.
2. Why did you join the AKA? It’s been something I’ve meant to do for a couple of years. To get more ideas about flying, kite info, meet more pilots.
4. Where is your favorite place to fly? Anywhere with the sun NOT in my eyes. Grand Haven has been my best experience.
5. If you could fly with anyone, who would it be? Conor and Amy indoor quad. JB andWeider team quad and lessons, Brett urban quad, Ben Franklin single and dual line, and anyone that wants to fly with me
6. What is your favorite event or kite festival? The next one. SPI or WSKIF are my dream fests.
7. What is one thing you wish people knew about kite flying? The satisfaction of nailing a trick or routine you’ve been working on.
9. You are the ruler of the kite field for the day, what is your first decree? Mandatory FUN
10. What is one funny trait about you that most people do not know? I play guitar..poorly.